Suppose you knew someone who was asked to write an encyclopedia entry.
The topic: hunting in the United States today.
The encyclopedia: a new three-volume, million-word tome on Food Issues.
The goal: to give readers—mainly high school and college students—an overview of
- issues, controversies, and fascinating things about hunting
- the range of perspectives on hunting
- who hunts and who doesn’t
- related laws and regulations
- the current resurgence of interest
- and so on.
All in 3,000 words or less.
A foolhardy mission, perhaps. But I accepted.
So here’s the question: If you pulled this encyclopedia off the shelf, what would you hope to see mentioned there?
© 2013 Tovar Cerulli